The Diet Solution Program was created by Isabel De Los Rios, a nutrition, exercise, and lifestyle coach based in New Jersey. De Los Rios says that her plan gives dieters a way to change eating habits for life, develop a long term eating strategy and not just modify the diet temporarily.
The Diet Solution is based on the principle of metabolic type which categorizes dieters into three groups, each which has its own distinct dietary guidelines.
The first thing dieters are advised to do is to set up the mind for success. You should spend some time thinking about what you want to achieve in regards to your health, your weight and your life, then write down specific goals and visualize yourself achieving them.
Dieters are informed that there are three steps that have to be followed in order to achieve their ideal weight.
- Eating in accordance with metabolic type.
- Staying within ideal calorie ranges.
- Consuming a variety of high quality food.
In order to determine metabolic type dieters undertake a series of questions. Dieters are then categorized as a protein, carb or mixed type. Each type requires ideal amounts and varieties of healthy proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. Detailed meal plans are provided for each type.
Dieters are encouraged to rethink the idea of snacks and to choose nutritious alternatives such as raw nuts, boiled eggs, fruits and raw vegetables.
Dieters are also made aware of the dangers of hydrogenated fats and are advised to strictly eliminate any foods containing them such as many crackers, chips, cookies, cereals, and margarine. Processed soy foods are also to be avoided.
One glass of alcohol is permitted per week, preferably red wine, however ideally alcohol should be eliminated completely. Two cups of coffee are allowed daily. Stevia is the only recommended sweetener.
It is recommended to keep a food journal, which will help you identify which foods and meals make you feel good and satisfied and which don’t, so that you can fine-tune your diet.
Ideal foods for The Diet Solution will vary depending on the dieter’s metabolic type.
Some of the recommended foods include: organic meat and poultry, organic eggs, fish, raw dairy products, raw nuts and seeds, fruit, vegetables, baked sweet potatoes, coconut oil, butter, olive oil, flaxseed, avocado, sprouted breads, stevia, raw chocolate.
A supplement of omega 3 oil such as salmon, cod liver, krill or flax seed is strongly encouraged.
De Los Rios recommends an exercise program that includes components of strength
and cardiovascular exercise including interval training, The download package includes 3 exercise E-Books which include clear instructions and photographs of the exercises.
The Diet Solution Program is available for download for $39.97. A deluxe version is also available for $59.97, which includes extra audio downloads on the subjects of meal planning and goal setting.
- Each meal includes high quality protein, which reduces hunger and maintains muscle mass while dieting.
- Emphasizes foods high in the heart-healthy omega 3 fats.
- Encourages the intake of fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Includes meal plans and a wide selection of tasty recipes.
- Meal plans can be adjusted to suit individual needs.
- Teaches dieters how to select healthy foods in appropriate portion sizes.
- Increases awareness of how different foods affect the body.
- Explains many different aspects of good nutrition.
- Encourages the intake of pure water.
- Some nutrition experts have disputed the validity of the metabolic type.
- Does not provide vegetarian meal plans.
This diet plan is highly nutritious and is based on the most recent scientific knowledge in relation to weight loss and nutrition. The program is geared towards long term success that will not only allow dieters to achieve their ideal weight but also increase knowledge about nutrition and their health in the process.